The McGowan Charitable Fund is committed to supporting efforts toward improving high school graduation rates and college readiness; healthcare prevention in heart health, research improving conditions and therapies in heart disease; and community programs which improve conditions for our most vulnerable populations. We encourage collaboration, and prefer organizations with measurable outcomes and demonstrated success in delivering sustainable results.
Proposals are considered from 501 (c) (3) organizations which meet the program and geographic criteria:
- Reflect and advance the mission of the William G. McGowan Charitable Fund
- Serve without discrimination on the basis of ethnicity, gender, or religion
- Maintain accounting records in accordance with GAP
- Fall within our stated geographic guidelines
- Colorado: The McGowan Charitable Fund supports only programs that advance low-income single-parent families in Greater Denver Metropolitan and Greater Eagle County toward economic security, independence, and overall well-being.
We place emphasis on providing the single parent pathways to employment through education, training, and services with demonstrated success in job placement and retention.
- Illinois: Aurora and the Chicago neighborhoods of Austin and North Lawndale. All other Chicago neighborhoods are by invitation only.
- Kansas: Kansas City Metropolitan
- Nevada: Reno Metropolitan
- New York: Rochester Metropolitan; Buffalo Metropolitan by invitation only
- Pennsylvania: Lackawanna County, Luzerne County
- Washington DC: Not accepting unsolicited proposals at this time
We do not
accept proposals from:
- Non-exempt organizations under the Section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Service Code.
- Organizations which exist to influence legislation.
- Political causes, events, or campaigns.
- Organizations supporting The Arts