On November 1, 2010 the McGowan Charitable Fund transitioned the grant application process from a traditional hard-copy format to a robust on-line application and grants management system.
We are pleased to report that the change has gone very well to date. Grant seekers who have utilized the new system describe it as user friendly, and assert that it has helped them in thinking about the over-arching goals of their organization, and about developing outcomes, benchmarks, and tools for impact measurement.
Other associated changes include:
• Applications are specific for new applicants and for repeat applicants.
• New applicants must submit an LOI.
• After submitting the LOI, you will be notified of eligibility to apply.
• Repeat applicants are defined as those who have received a grant from the
Fund within the past three years. If you have not received funding in the
past three years you will need to submit the LOI prior to applying.
• We are no longer accepting hard-copy proposals, and do not need a hard-copy
in addition to the electronic submission.
• Supporting documents are uploaded in the system.
Previous norms that will continue are:
• Meetings are held in March or April, July, and November of each year.
• The grant submission deadlines remain the same.
• All supporting documents are still required.
• You must have your 501C-3 to apply.
• All other geographic and program guidelines still apply. (Please see “Eligibility Guidelines)
We hope that you will find the on-line application system straightforward, affable, and efficient, but are here to help should you experience any difficulty!